insuranceIt is sensible to insure your possessions and belongings whilst travelling to / from the UK and for the period that you are studying at the University.

If you are living in University hall accommodation there is basic content insurance provided included in the hall fees. Full details of the cover and exclusions are available from Endsleigh Insurance.

If you are living in private accommodation then it is your responsibility to gain the appropriate content insurance. Your home university might be able to assist you with this.

Make sure that all your belongings are insured (including clothing, computer, electrical equipment, jewellery, etc.) as well as checking what you are covered against (e.g. fire, flood, theft, etc.). Remember, insurance is entirely your responsibility - so don't ignore it.

There are many companies offering insurance including Endsleigh Insurance which has a branch on campus.

Remember, insurance is entirely the responsibility of the individual student. You should not ignore it.

Medical Insurance

Students staying for 6 months or less should ensure that they have adequate medical insurance coverage for the period that you are registered at the University of Reading. Options include (but are not limited to):

  • European Union reciprocal arrangements for EU nationals (please see the EU's website for more information about the European Health Insurance Card),
  • Insurance offered by the home university / sending organisation, or
  • Private insurance arrangements.

All students should ensure that they have the necessary medical coverage in place before they arrive in the UK.

Things to do now

Contact us

Find us

Edith Morley building, room 203 (opposite ISLI main reception)

Page navigation

See also


Search Form

A-Z lists