MSc Food Systems
Develop a deep knowledge of the food system – and study at three academic institutions across Europe – with our MSc in Food Systems course.
This new master’s programme has been launched in collaboration with EiT Food, Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, which works to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted.
Gain advanced understanding of the food system
The programme aims to give you knowledge of the food system in its entirety. You will:
- identify short-term and long-term consequences of decisions involving different components of the food chain
- translate innovations into feasible business solutions
- explore and generate new ideas in response to current and future challenges
- use knowledge, ideas and technology to create new or improved products, services, processes, policies, business models or jobs
- apply cutting-edge research, processes and techniques towards new venture creation and growth in cross-disciplinary contexts
- transform practical experiences in the food sector into research problems and challenges.
Learn from industry experts through a variety of interactive lectures and seminars, practical laboratory classes, case study-based learning, group work and online learning.
Study across three European countries with MSc in Food Systems
We offer three pathway options on this programme, all starting at the University of Reading (your home university) in September 2020.
You will study four semesters in total, split over two years. Study your first semester at Reading before going to study further semesters with two host universities, then returning to Reading to complete your degree. Details of the pathway options can be found in the 'what will you study?' section of this page.
Current host universities include:
- University of Hohenheim
- University of Torino
- University of Warsaw
- Aarhus University.
For more information, please visit the Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences website.