BSc Business and Management (Marketing)
Develop the marketing expertise to succeed in the rapidly changing world of business with our BSc Business and Management (Marketing) degree.
This flexible course, taught by experts from Henley Business School, equips you with the fundamental skills of business – from theory and practice to their real-world applications.
You’ll study marketing in the wider context of business management, gaining a firm understanding of its practice, concepts and theories. These include:
- marketing communications
- digital marketing
- branding theory and practice
- consumer behaviour
- optimising marketing performance.
As your studies progress, you’ll have the option to specialise in different areas of marketing that interest you most, and develop your knowledge and skill set.
Alongside this, you’ll study the core disciplines that underpin business – including economics, psychology and sociology – and explore theories and concepts such as:
- international strategy
- organisational behaviour
- data analytics
- human resource management
You’ll learn through a combination of lectures, seminars, practical workshops, and self-guided study. This will provide the opportunity to discuss subject materials in an in-depth way with your lecturers and fellow students.
Throughout your studies, you will:
- explore the interdisciplinary nature of business
- apply the skills and knowledge you learn to current business problems
- study the emerging challenges facing global markets.
Choose BSc Business and Management (Marketing) at Henley Business School
- This programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), meaning that you will gain exemptions from most CIM professional Certificate programmes.
- Ranked 6th for graduate prospects in Business, Management & Marketing in the Guardian University Guide, 2020.
- Triple-accredited status from the UK, European and US accrediting bodies (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB).
Flexible study options
After the first year of your BSc Business and Management (Marketing) degree, you will have the option to transfer to any of our other specialist pathways:
- BSc Business and Management (Accounting)
- BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship)
- BSc Business and Management (Data Analytics and Digital Business)
- BSc International Business and Management
- BSc International Business and Management with a Modern Language
Alternatively, you could transfer onto the more general BSc Business and Management, where you'll be offered a wide range of options in your second and final years – allowing you to tailor your learning to your individual interests.
A focus on employability with BSc Business and Management (Marketing)
We are passionate about developing your personal skills alongside your business acumen.
Our focus on self-development aims to prepare you for the external market – from internships and placements to full-time employment. The skills required to secure, and succeed, in future roles are embedded into the curriculum.
For example, you will undertake a short, guided project in your second year focusing on social responsibility in action. Working with local communities, you’ll have the opportunity to put your skills into practice, gain new experiences, and open yourself up to new ways of thinking.