MSc Consumer Behaviour
Find out how we're adapting during COVID-19.
Start date: September 2021
Become an expert in consumer behaviour with this career-focused MSc Consumer Behaviour master’s degree.
This programme will guide you to the forefront of consumer-centred business philosophy and prepare you to lead in an ever-competitive and complex world. Whether you work for a global organisation, SME or non-profit organisation, we aim to provide you with an experience that will encourage new and innovative understanding of the consumer-led markets that organisations work in.
This degree is suitable for graduates from both business and non-business backgrounds, and was designed to transform graduates from all undergraduate backgrounds into competent consumer-centred professionals. It includes theoretical and practical components, and aims to raise your visibility with an array of external organisations.
Choose MSc Consumer Behaviour at the University of Reading
- join the highest-ranking UK university for Agriculture and Forestry (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021 - Agriculture & Forestry). We’re ranked 12th in the world, and are the only UK university in the top 50.
- embrace the latest consumer behaviour thinking, and gain the skills knowledge and understand you need to move your organisation forward.
- problem-solve internal and external client-led projects, facilitating active learning throughout your studies.
Joining this programme means you’ll also be joining our School of Agriculture, Policy and Development, where we are committed to empowering change through our teaching and research. Our academics tackle some of the world’s most pressing issues across their respective fields of expertise, and our mission is to make a difference in the context of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Your learning environment
Choose from a diverse range of modules that aim to give you the knowledge and skills you need to have an impact and be part of global change.
You can also choose to undertake an optional placement during the summer term.
Class sizes vary by module, but emphasis is always placed on good contact with lecturers.
Learning occurs across a variety of:
- interactive learning methods
- participation in the classroom: debates, discussions
- field trips.
You will also have opportunities for research, networking, and personal development, as well as access to modern study resources and employability support. We also offer study skills support that’s tailored to our School’s master’s students.
The Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics
As an MSc Consumer Behaviour student, you’ll be a member of the School’s Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE).
GIIDAE attracts a diverse community of master’s students from more than 40 countries, and holds diversity, equality and high-quality teaching and learning as core values in its approach to education.
- GIIDAE has an active scholarship programme. Visit our dedicated scholarships webpage for more information about scholarships, bursaries, and other sources of funding.
- Visit the GIIDAE website for more information about the modules you can take during your degree.
- Download a copy of the GIIDAE brochure, which tells you more about postgraduate study in our School.