2018 JOPPP Conference on Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice Research
The 1st JOPPP Conference on Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice Research will be held at the University of Reading Malaysia Campus, Johor, Malaysia
Conference Convenor: Dr. Zaheer-Ud-Din Babar, Editor-in-Chief Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice
This will be a high profile event to showcase global pharmaceutical policy research and to highlight research leading to policy development.
Pharmaceutical policy and practice research deals with the issues related to medicines regulation, access and use. It also addresses questions about how and why people access pharmacy services; how much pharmaceutical care costs; and what happens to patients when they use these services.
Appropriate research into pharmaceutical policy can produce real benefits for both the use of medicines and resource allocation for medicines. Publishing the research, however, in an appropriate, high impact forum is a crucial component for initiating policy benefits. It not only informs the readership about the research process but also has a significant impact on public health and nurtures further inquiry.
In this context, the Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice (JoPPP) was launched to disseminate empirical research findings, with the goal that people everywhere have access to medicines they need and use them rationally. The main aim of JoPPP is to promote pharmaceutical policy research from low and middle income countries - a job which the journal has done well. JoPPP has provided opportunity and support to emerging researchers with 30-40% of the contributors being first time authors. The journal has published studies on the pharmaceutical situation in countries where little or no pharmaceutical literature is available e.g. Slovenia, Macedonia and Afghanistan. The scope and coverage now also includes high income economies. JoPPP was commended by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and its policy impact is evident from the published studies.
The 1st JoPPP Conference on Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice will be held in July 2018 to build on the Journal's work and to set the future global agenda for evidence informed pharmaceutical policy research.
To discuss what is being published and what evidence has made a difference; to set a future global agenda for pharmaceutical policy research
- Pharmaceutical Policy Research: Development, Evidence and Impact
- Recent trends in methodological approaches to produce pharmaceutical policy and practice research
- Challenges in acquiring data to produce evidence based pharmaceutical policy research
- Role of universities and international agencies to produce evidence based pharmaceutical policy and practice research
- Pharmaceutical policy and practice research evidence: future perspectives
Publication of Proceedings
The conference proceedings will be published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice and also in the form of a separate monograph.
Who should attend?
- Pharmacists, doctors, health economists, health policy analysts, policy makers, Government officials, service commissioners, funding providers
- Staff working at drug regulatory authorities
- BPharm, BSc Pharm Science, MPharm, MPH, MPhil and PhD scholars
- Researchers and Research Associates
- Academic members of universities
- Staff members of health policy making and research institutions
- Research and development executives (public and private organizations)
Duration and Conference Registration Fees
This is a 2 1/2 day conference with a registration fee of US$400 A separate conference website is being built for abstract submission and conference registration - more details will follow soon.
For further information, kindly contact Dr. Zaheer-Ud-Din Babar, Editor-in-Chief Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice