Reading in the news - Fri 16 Dec
16 December 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Professor Hannah Cloke and Professor Richard Allan (Meteorology) were interviewed by NewScientist on the implications extreme drought in 2022 had for Europe’s energy system.
- The Telegraph (and in print) and Yahoo! report the University's temperature recordings reveal recent weather in Britain has been the coldest since 2013.
- Dr Michael Garratt (Agriculture) is quoted by Offaly Express on entries received for the European Bee Award.
- Dr Joseph O'Mahoney (Politics) is quoted by The Times on the role of Britain's colonial history in the current criminalization of LGBTQ+ people, and The Times Radio mentions his research and book on this subject.
- Professor Rosa Freedman (Law) was interviewed by GB News on the debate of academic freedom of speech.
- The University's Museum of English Rural Life was visited in an episode of BBC 2's Celebrity Antique Roadshow
- Dr Erhan Aslan (Literature and Languages) is quoted by Idaho Statesman, The Herald, The Tribune, The Olympian, The Sun News, News Week, The Wichita Eagle on tips to solve Wordle puzzles.
- Professor Wing Lam's (CEO and Provost, University of Reading Malaysia) article on the impact of university rankings on student interest is reposted by HTDS Content Services, The Malaysian Insight, and Malay Mail.
- Dr Faye Woods (Film, Theatre, and Television) is quoted by Pehal News on modernity and relatable costumes in period dramas.
- Professor Ian Hamley (Chemistry) is mentioned by Yahoo! for his research on anti-ageing products.
- Professors Andrew and Nada Kakabadse (both Henley Business School) wrote an article for Governance and Compliance Magazine (no link) on leadership framing.
- Farmers Guide reports that University student, Colin Markham has received a Centenary Award to further support his work in agricultural economics.
- Cafe Biz, N Guoi Dua Tin, Vietnam Biz, Tin 247, Viet Times, Talk Vietnam, DTI News, Bao Nhanh 24/7, and others report on the appointment of Henley Business School graduate, Tran Thi Hong Bich, to the board of directors of Savico.
- Wiltshire Life (in print) publishes a section by a Reading graduate, Ravi Govindia, on his past experience as an Asian refugee being expelled from Uganda in the 70s with his family to the UK.
- Yorkshire Post (in print) reports on the appointment of Henley Business School graduate, Gareth Scargill, as the deputy director at the University of Leeds innovation hub Nexus.
- Archy Newsy reports that Reading graduate, German Arce, has been elected the new president of the National Trade Union Council.
- Paper Jam publishes an interview with Reading graduate and mixologist, Richard Gillam.
Loading additional items please wait....