Reading in the news - Tue 15 Jun
15 June 2021
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) is quoted in articles about the delay of lockdown restrictions being lifted, including The Daily Mail, CNN, The Amed Post, The Express Informer, Press From and MSN; is quoted on COVID-19 mutations in multiple US news sites including Joy Online.
- Dr Clarke’s comments about the Delta variant were played on BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 6 along with regional broadcasters including BBC Radio Berkshire.
#PlanetPartners: Reading's global work for a sustainable future
- The New Scientist quotes Professors Paul Williams and Keith Shine (Meteorology) on the damaging effects of supersonic flights to the environment.
- Visiting Fellow Stephen Burt (Meteorology) is quoted in The Guardian and Yahoo with research on hot weather and thunderstorms.
- Heart Radio Berkshire covers news that a Reading radar which predicts weather patterns could be selected to go into space.
- Professor Gunter Kuhnle (Food) is quoted in articles with research on children who eat large amounts of processed foods, covered by The Telegraph.
- Professor Rajneesh Narula (Henley Business School) is quoted in Xinhua Net on Europe’s relationship with US politics.
- Dr Mark Dallas (Pharmacology) was interviewed on his career by BBC Radio Berkshire.