Henley Shortlisted for Business School of the Year Award
Release Date 04 September 2015
Referred to as the ‘Oscars of the higher education sector', the THE Awards attract hundreds of entries and recognise the innovation, talent and dedication of School employees and teams during the 2013-14 academic year.
The judges were looking for business schools that demonstrated exceptional performance through bold and creative strategies and initiatives in areas including innovation, research, student experience, teaching, alumni relations and working with the business world.
During 2013-4, Henley Business School embarked on a number of bold strategic initiatives aligned to its mission and strategy, and was able to more than meet the judging criteria thanks to:
- Development of the Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship: Creation of a new business development/entrepreneur in residence role. This led to the introduction of the IDEAFESTStudent Business Competition, the Student Business Incubator and a Forum for SMEs
- Extension of Henley South Africa's reach: Including a focus on the black African community and continuation of MBAid, a social engagement project where MBAs act as consultants to NGOs
- Launch of the BA Accounting programme with Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT): Taught by both BIT and Henley Faculty and based in China, this course is unique in having received government backing right from the start
- Highly complimentary EQUIS report: Highlighting Henley's strength in ethics and social responsibility
- Research Excellence Framework (REF) results: Notably its top 10 ranking for Impact in Business and Management
- Financial Times Ranking results: Placing Executive Education in the world's top 30
This year's results will be announced at an awards ceremony on the evening of Thursday 26 November in London. For more information visit the Times Higher Education Awards website.
For more information please contact the Henley Business School Marketing and Communications team at: email@example.com