Reading in the news: Thu 17 Oct
Release Date 17 October 2019
A Boris Brexit: Dr Mark Shanahan (Politics and IR) is quoted in an Al Jazeera article about the ongoing political situation related to Brexit.
Women at the Top: The Financial Times has run a winning article in their Women at the Top competition, sponsored by Henley Business School.
Urban climate: Further coverage of news about new research funding to understand how cities can prepare for the impacts of climate change, in New Start. Prof Sue Grimmond (Met) is quoted.
- Eastern Daily Press spoke to dinosaur model artists and UoR Art graduate Will Adams.
- Prof Gunter Kuhnle (Food) is quoted in an article for Medical News Today about a study suggesting that sugary drinks rather than food promotes weight gain.
- University Business covers news that institutions including UoR have taken part in JUMP, leading to 238,000 total actions across the UK.
- A blog for University Business on cloud-enabled education notes Reading works with IT firm Rubrik.
- BBC Berkshire visited UoR as part of a series of interesting places on Reading Buses journeys.