Reading in the news - Mon 14 Oct
Release Date 14 October 2019
Loo roll shortage: Wired quotes Dr Al Edwards (Pharmacy) on the pros and cons of a potential toilet roll shortage predicted by some in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
Global warming: Metro quotes Professor Richard Allan (Meteorology) on the latest NASA global temperature figures.
- Farming Weekly focuses on the robot weed killer developed by University of Reading researchers in its expert review feature.
- Law Gazette publishes an article co-written by Professor Rosemary Auchmuty (School of Law) on the 100th anniversary of women being admitted to the legal profession.
- Business Leader quotes Professor Andrew Kakabadse (Henley Business School) on what Boris being named Prime Minister could mean for business.
- EnviroNews Nigeria publishes an article by Professor Chuks Okereke (GES) explaining what the IPCC is and what it does.
- Southern Times Africa reports on the new academic year at the MultiChoice Talent Factory Academies in Lusaka, Nairobi and Lagos starting with an orientation programme in partnership with Henley Business School.
- Energy Live News reports that the EMMA artificial intelligence energy management platform, developed in partnership with the University of Reading, has been shortlisted for the Wright Commission Award.