Reading in the news - Fri 11 Oct
Release Date 11 October 2019
Snack on the go: Prof Ian Givens (IFHN) is quoted in the Telegraph about how banning snacking on public transport may have contributed to obesity in the UK.
Stirling prize: Dezeen have published a comment piece by PhD researcher and noted architect Piers Taylor about the awarding of the Stirling Prize for an environmentally friendly social housing scheme.
Japanese Typhoon: Visiting professor of Meteorology and CEO of the Royal Met Society Liz Bentley spoke to BBC 5 Live about a ‘super typhoon’ due to hit Japan.
- Archaeology.com report on the dig at Lyminge in Kent, and quotes Dr Gabor Thomas (Archaeology) who led the work.
- An article about workplace tech and mental health for Verdict notes a UoR report on an “always on” mentality that is linked to smartphones.
- Cyprus Mail reports on record recruitment of Cypriot students to UoR.
- An article on Islamic finance and banking notes that UoR provides a degree course in the subject, in Pakistan Observer.
- Pest Magazine have a feature on rodenticide resistance written by Claire Jones and Montse Talavera (Biological Sciences).