Reading in the news - Tue 13 Aug
Release Date 13 August 2019
Beckett history: A BBC Radio 4 documentary is presented from the Samuel Beckett Research Centre by the University’s Beckett Fellow Robert McCrum. Guy Baxter, Head of Archive Services, gives a tour of the Beckett Archive.
NTF awards: The Reading Chronicle reports that Professor Yelena Kalyuzhnova (Henley Business School) and Dr Yota Dimitriadi (IoE) have been awarded National Teaching Fellowships this year. Read our news story.
Agricultural emissions: BBC World Service radio interviews Professor Chris Reynolds (Agriculture) in a piece on methane emissions from cows.
- Bucks Free Press reports on the University’s partnership with Reading Festival organisers Festival Republic to send a team of students to carry out internships during the festival weekend.
- BBC Radio Berkshire interviewed Dr Tom Frame (Meteorology) about a new study showing that wind shear at flight cruising altitude is already increasing due to climate change. Read our news story.
- The Reading Chronicle reports that a group of Reading students in the Saudi Society are to give blood in the town this week.
- Talk Radio interviews Professor Ben Laker (Henley Business School) about current topics like Brexit.
- BBC Radio Berkshire interviewed Professor Grace Ioppolo (English Literature) about late novelist Toni Morrison.