Reading in the news - 10 July
Release Date 10 July 2019
UK ambassador: Dr Mark Shanahan (Politics and IR) spoke to BBC News Channel about US President Donald Trump’s tweets relating to the UK’s ambassador to America.
MBA courses: Sunday Times have published a guide to MBA courses available in the South East, which includes Henley Business School’s offering.
Elephants: A study published about habitat loss of elephants is reported by Geek.com. The article quotes lead author Dr Vicky Boult (SBS).
- Prof Flora Samuel (Architecture) has written for Times Higher Education, reviewing a book called ‘the Cunning of Uncertainty’.
- Guardian Nigeria report on a new tech hub in the country partnering with Henley Business School to boost infrastructure.
- 10 tips for reducing stomach bloating includes a mention of a study on consumption of magnesium on fluid retention, in the Daily Star.
- Architects Journal report on new light touch plans around the redevelopment of the URS building.
- The University has joined local partners in Reading to support a scheme where large-scale developments help to fund programmes to tackle job inequality, reports Living Reading.
- GetReading report on one of the shortlisted candidates for the Pride of Reading young person of the year award which is sponsored by UoR.
- Dr Tara Pirie spoke to BBC Berkshire as part of an ongoing series called ‘coffee club’.