Reading in the news - Mon 1 Apr
Release Date 01 April 2019
Volcanic lightning: Atlas Obscura reports on a study by Dr Keri Nicoll (Meteorology) into lightning that occurs when a volcano erupts.
Property Week: Property Week quotes Professor Peter Wyatt (Real Estate and Planning) on the first ever Court of Appeal case over the payment of a Community Infrastructure Levy.
Female leaders: Dr Shaheena Junjuha-Jivraj (Henley Business School) spoke to Management Today about how women can lead change in society.
- RTE interviews Eimear McBride on her original drama, Mouthpieces, that was inspired by Samuel Beckett’s work and written during her Beckett Creative Fellowship at the University of Reading. Read our news story.
- Professor Rick Poynor (Typography) writes a piece for Eye Magazine about what we can learn from looking at old photographs.
- Dr Brian Pickles (Biological Sciences) is part of an ABC show following his WOMAD Planet Talks presentation on the wider uses of funghi.
- Autism Berkshire’s event, involving experts from the University of Reading, is featured in Round & About Magazine.
- Matthew White, Director of Catering, Hotel and Conferencing at Reading, writes for University Business about challenges facing in-house caterers.