The Big Band Big Lunch
We're delighted to present the second annual Big Band Big Lunch on our historic London Road campus. Join the festivities as we bring the University and local communities together over lunch, and celebrate the University's 90th Anniversary year.
This year’s theme is music and food! Bring your own picnic or enjoy a tasty treat from the BBQ grill, and try some of the beers and ciders in the Real Ale Festival at Eat at London Road. If you fancy something a bit different, we’ll be showcasing some of our amazing food science research too, with a special ‘Ready, Steady, Nutritional Cook’ demonstration.
Featuring music from the University of Reading Big Band throughout the afternoon, plus family-friendly activities. Here's what the afternoon will look like:
• 12.00pm – University of Reading Big Band
• 12.30pm – Ready, Steady, Nutritional Cook! Demonstration 1
• 1.00pm – Story time with the Learning Hub
• 1.30pm - University of Reading Big Band
• 2.00pm – Ready, Steady, Nutritional Cook! Demonstration 2
• 2.30pm – Story time with the Learning Hub: with James Carter
• 3.00pm - University of Reading Big Band
• A mini farmers’ market featuring local producers
• A Real Ale festival at Eat at London Road
• Barbecue run by University catering
• Fete games and science activities from the Museum of English Rural Life
• ‘ask the expert’ - University of Reading nutritionists answer your questions on healthy eating
• ‘give it a go!’ learn circus skills with the Reading University Circus Arts Society
• A treasure hunt run by the University Chaplaincy
Admission free, all welcome.