I convene and teach FR1L1, FR1L2, FR2L2 and ML2YL5 and I teach FR2L4, FR3L6 and ML3IC.
I am the Departmental Student Engagement Officer.
Areas of Interest
- Technology assisted language teaching and learning
- Language curriculum design and development
- Distance learning and the flipped classroom
Research groups / Centres
I am a member of:
- The Association for the Study of Modern and Contemporary France (ASMCF)
- The Society for the Study of French History (SSFH)
I am particularly interested in French intellectual history and the Algerian War. My research is on modern and contemporary French thinkers and their modes of intervention in response to crisis and wars.
- PhD: Changing modes of intervention of the French intellectual from the Dreyfus Affair to today; Sartre, Lévy, Hessel' (University of London)
- Master's degree in Teaching French as a Foreign Language (Université de Provence)
- PGCE in French and Spanish (University of Cumbria)