Wantage Engineering Company

The firm that was to become the Wantage Engineering Company Ltd was established on 28th July 1847. It had several names, P & H P Gibbons, Gibbons & Robinson, Robinson & Auden Ltd before the name was changed to the Wantage Engineering Co Ltd at the turn of the century.

It was located in the White Horse Vale and became well known as a manufacturer of steam-driven and horse-drawn agricultural machinery. By the 1900's the firm reputation was world wide and it had won awards for its steam engines and thrashing machines.

The records cover the period 1882-1980 and consist of accounts, commercial records, manufacturing and production records, publications and advertising and social and personal records.

More information

  • A full description is available on our online database

  • Reference number TR WAN

Agricultural machinery business records Wantage Engineering Company

Things to do now

Contact us

Page navigation

 

Search Form

A-Z lists