We provide a variety of study areas to accommodate different ways of studying. Find the right one for you.
To discuss your work go to one of the Group Study Rooms where you can work together in private. These are available on a first come basis for two hours maximum. Laptops can be plugged into plasma screens to aid collaboration on assignments and presentations. Please note that cable connectors are not provided.
There are also some Group Study pods next to the Course Collection.
Individual, quiet study
The majority of the study spaces in the LRC are intended for individual, quiet study. This includes the individual study pods near the bookshelves and the study desks situated in the middle of the LRC.
There are also two rooms set aside for Quiet or Silent Study.
Seminar Room & mini-discussion rooms (C0.12, C0.13, C0.14 & C0.15)
The LRC Seminar Room is available for conducting presentations, large group discussions or any other academic learning activities and the Mini-Discussion Rooms are for small group study. Advance booking is required and is available at the Information Desk.
Terms and Conditions:
- These rooms are only to be used for the purpose of learning and not for entertainment.
- The rooms can be booked up to one week in advance.
- On the spot booking is allowed if there are no current bookings.
- Each student is allowed a maximum of 3 hours per week.
- There must be a minimum of 5 persons in your group for the Seminar Room and 3 persons for a Mini-Discussion Room.
- Your Campus Card is required when making a booking.
- You must surrender your Campus Card when collecting the key to the room. Your Campus Card will be handed back upon return of key and when LRC staff are satisfied with the condition of the room.
- If you lose the room key you will be charged RM30. Failure to return the key on the same day will incur an overnight charge of RM10. Your account will also be suspended until payment is made.
- Be mindful of the noise level when using the room.
- Do not unplug any cables/connectors from the display screen (Seminar Room only).
- Do not change the setting on the display screen (Seminar Room only).
- Please leave tables and chairs in their original positions before leaving the room.
- Switch off the lights, display screen and monitor (Seminar Room only) before leaving the room.
- Take all litter with you.
- If occupied, the rooms must be vacated 30 minutes before closing time. This is to provide sufficient time for staff to inspect and clear the entire area.