From 15 July until late August study spaces on the 1st Floor, and the Reading Rooms on the 2nd and 4th Floors will be unavailable due to Clearing.
All our study spaces are now socially distanced so that you can study safely. All spaces will be for individual use only due to social distancing requirements. Please follow all one-way routing and signage within the building, use the sanitising equipment provided, and help us keep the Library Covid-safe.
You are expected to wear a face covering when moving around the building unless you are exempt. You may remove your face covering whilst sat at your study desk.
To use a study space you must be a Library member.
To enter the Library please bring your booking confirmation email and your University Campus Card.
You can book a space in a specific area of the Library for one, two or three hours at a time. If space allows, you can book more than one slot in a day. See our video on Booking a study space
We provide a variety of study areas to accommodate different ways of studying. Find the right study space for you [PDF]
library Covid-19 code of conduct
You are expected to:
- Wear a face when moving around the building unless you are exempt (you may remove your covering when sat at your study desk)
- Sit at the desk the booking system has allocated to you and vacate your seat promptly at the end of your booking
- Socially distance from others (stay 2 metres apart) at all times
- Use the lifts individually
- Follow the the one-way system inside the building
- Follow all guidance provided by Library staff
You may not:
- Move any furniture at any time
- Study/sit/socialise in a group
- Consume any food (you may continue to have lidded non-alcoholic drinks)
- To bring your booking confirmation email and Campus Card with you
- To use the wipes and hand gel provided to keep you and your study space clean
- To stick to the timing of your booking slot
- Be kind and patient with other Library users and staff as we navigate these unusual circumstances.
Individual, quiet study space
Many of the study spaces in the Library are intended for individual, quiet study.
- 2nd Floor - this whole floor is for quiet individual study. Some PCs are available to book.
- 3rd Floor - this whole floor is for quiet individual study
- 4th Floor - this whole floor is for quiet individual study. Some PCs are available to book.
individual, Silent study
If you want to work in silence make your way to the 5th Floor. There are also some PCs on this floor.
Study areas with PCs
There is a large area on the 1st Floor with PCs. There are also some PCs in the silent study area on the 5th Floor.