Please follow all one-way routing and signage within the building, use the sanitising equipment provided, and help us keep the Library Covid-safe. To enter the Library please bring your University Campus Card.
You are encouraged to wear a face covering when moving around the building unless you are exempt. You may remove your face covering whilst sat at your study desk.
To use a study space you must be a Library member.
We provide a variety of study areas to accommodate different ways of studying. Find the right study space for you.
There are specific areas where groups can discuss their work.
- Ground Floor
- 1st Floor - this PC area also has five bookable group study rooms. They may be used on a first-come first-served basis when not booked - book a group study room
- 2nd Floor - group study area and pods
- 4th Floor - group study area and pods
Individual, quiet study space
Many of the study spaces in the Library are intended for individual, quiet study.
- Ground Floor - Short Loan area
- 2nd Floor - desks around the outside of the book shelves
- 3rd Floor - this whole floor is for quiet study
- 4th Floor - desks around the outside of the book shelves
If you want to work in silence make your way to the 5th Floor. There are also some PCs on this floor.
Study areas with PCs
There is a large area on the 1st Floor with PCs. There are also some PCs in the silent study area on the 5th Floor.
Watch our brief video intro to Library study areas
If you are unable to view this video on YouTube it is also available on Stream - view the finding your favourite study space video on Stream (University username and password required)