We provide a variety of study areas to accommodate different ways of studying. Find the right one for you.
From April 2017 until Autumn 2019 most study space is located in the URS Building. This is usually busiest between 11:00 and 16:00 Monday to Friday. For information about other places to work see Study space across campus.
Please note that during the University Examinations Period access to the Library study space is limited to Campus Card and Library Card holders after 5pm Mon-Fri, and all weekend. The specific dates this applies each year will be advertised on our Library news blog, Twitter and Facebook.
There are specific areas in Library@URS where groups can discuss their work.
- Ground Floor - Rooms G10, G20 and G24
- 2nd Floor (weekends and Vacations only) - rooms on the south side of the 2nd Floor (facing the Miller Building). The following rooms have screens that you can connect to your laptop and work together - 2s17, 2s19, and 2s20.
Individual, quiet study rooms
Many of the study spaces in Library@URS are intended for individual, quiet study.
- Ground Floor - Room G16 is for quiet study with PCs
- 2nd Floor - Rooms 2n10-2n14 on the north side of the 2nd Floor (facing the Edith Morley Building)
Rooms for Silent study
Some rooms in Library@URS have been set aside for silent study.
- Ground Floor - Room G29
- 2nd Floor - Rooms 2n16-2n19 on the north side (facing the Edith Morley Building)
Study areas with PCs
There is a large area on the Ground Floor of Library@URS with 145 PCs. Plus a separate room (G16) where you can work quietly whilst using a PC.
The following study space is now available in the Library Building. However, as refurbishment work will be continuing until Autumn 2019, please go to Library@URS to find quieter study space.