How long can I keep items?
How long you can borrow a Standard loan item for depends on your user category:
External card holders
- You can renew standard loans if not wanted by another person (Associate Members and External Borrowers are limited to 5 renewals)
- Holds can be placed on standard loan items - see Placing & cancelling a hold using Enterprise
- Items may be recalled if required by another person - see Recalls
- Fines are charged for late return on recalled items and all items for External Borrowers - see Fines
7-day loan items
- These items are on restricted loan because they are in heavy demand
- Yellow tape on the spine indicates a 7-day loan
- You can renew 7-day loans if not wanted by another person (Associate Members and External Borrowers are limited to 5 renewals)
- Holds can be placed on 7-day loan items - see Placing & cancelling a hold using Enterprise
- Fines are charged for late return, currently 80p per day - see Fines
7-day loan journals
This is the loan period assigned to Journals/Periodicals.
See Borrowing journals for more information.
- These items are held in the Course Collection (CC)
- CC items are loaned until 11:00 the following day
- Heavy fines are charged for late return - currently £3.00 per day or part of a day
- CC items can be booked up to 7 days in advance
Term loans apply to multimedia items, children's books, music scores and play script sets. These items are provided mainly for extended use by students on school placement.