Secure Electronic Delivery FAQs
my SED won't open / has blank pages
In the majority of cases this is because there is a default for PDFs to open either in a web browser's PDF viewer or a preview function. The default programme for PDFs should be changed to Adobe Reader - please follow the instructions below depending on your browser / operating system.
Go to the Menu (three dots to the right of the address bar) > 'Settings' > scroll down to 'Advanced' > 'Content Settings' > 'PDF documents' > and switch on 'Open PDFs using a different application.'
Apple / Mac
Right-click on the SED document in your Downloads file > Click on 'Get Info' > in the 'Open With' section select Adobe Reader > click on 'Change all' and 'Continue'.
Windows 10 / Microsoft Edge
Click on the Search function in the task bar and find 'Choose a default app for each type of file' > Scroll down to '.pdf' > Click on the Microsoft Edge icon and select Adobe Acrobat Reader from the list.
Still can't open your SED?...
- Are you connected to the internet? You need to be online to open your SED.
- Do you have Adobe Reader version 10 or later? Download the latest version of Adobe Reader
- If you have only just registered for a British Library On Demand account, you need to wait 10 minutes for it to update before attempting to download your SED.
- Has the download link expired? The download link will remain live for 30 days from the date of the original email sent from email@example.com . If it is more than 30 days contact the Inter-Library Loans team
- Has a previous user locked you out by selecting ‘Remember me on this computer’? If so, in Adobe Reader go to Edit > Preferences > Security and choose Clear remembered account information option, then retry the download link.
- Does your username contain the ‘@’ symbol? This results in the error message, ‘There was a problem accessing your document, please try again later’. Please contact British Library Customer Services for advice
How many times can I print?
how long can I keep the document?
Once saved you have access for three years from the date of supply.
I have forgotten my British Library On Demand username or password!
If you have forgotten your username or password, you can request a reminder to be sent to your registered email address.
If your password changes, you can continue to access saved documents using your latest password. However, you may need to clear the remembered account information in Adobe Reader. You can do this by going to 'Edit'>'Preferences'>'Security' and clicking and confirming the 'Clear remembered account information' option.
can I use an alternative pdf viewer?
No - SEDs only work with Adobe Reader 10 or above.
What if I’m using an i-Pad / mobile device?
You can download and access your SED using the free Adobe Reader app, available from the App Store. After clicking on the link to download your document, choose to open it with the Adobe app. On an i-Pad you can do this by choosing Adobe from the Open with… option at the top right of your screen. You will then be prompted to enter your username and password.
Can I share the document with someone else?
No - SEDs are supplied to you for your personal use as in the Copyright declaration. Once you download your SED it is locked to your BL On Demand account - each time you access it you will be prompted for your British Library On Demand username and password. Before you download, you can forward the link to another email address if you wish.
Can I access my SED offline?
No - it's necessary to have an internet connection each time you open your SED.
You can continue to read your SED offline after you have opened it and entered your BL On Demand username and password - just keep the PDF open on your device. If you close it and want to reopen you will then need an internet connection again.
How can I continue to access documents previously downloaded with FileOpen (supplied before June 2016)?
To ensure access for up to three years, you will need to keep FileOpen software on the device onto which the document was originally downloaded.