ILL loan periods
Photocopies of articles and book chapters
You can keep any photocopies you receive via the inter-library loans service.
- Book loans are normally for five to six weeks, unless the item is in heavy demand. The due date of the item is displayed inside your book and appears on your Library account.
- Books may be recalled early by the lending library - if this happens please return the book as soon as possible and no later than the new due date given
- Fines of 80p per day are charged for late returns.
- Please return items on time as large fines are charged on late returns. The British Library charges an administration fee of £89.60 + VAT for items which are overdue, which you will have to pay if you return an item more than one week late.
- Some items may be for use in Library only.
Please try to use the books within the time you have been given. If you do require more time contact inter-library loans a few days before your item is due and we will request a renewal from the lending library.
Renewals are at the discretion of the lending library so are not always possible. We allow up to five renewals for inter-library loan items, after this you will need to return your loans.
The first renewal is free, but second and subsequent renewals will incur a charge - see a list of inter-library loan charges. If you wish to renew a book after its due date has passed you will have to pay the overdue fine and the cost of the renewal.