Finding and using information
New to the Library?
- Read our introductory Making the most of your Library guide
- Learn the basics through the LibLearn Tutorials online course
- Watch our introductory Videos
- Search the Catalogues to find books, journals and e-journals
- Consult resources and help in your subject - to find out where books in your subject are located
Finding information for a project or assignment
If you are starting a project, you can:
- Consult resources and help in your subject
- Contact your subject liaison librarian for help
- Read our guide to Doing your literature search
- Get help on finding Types of publication e.g. Finding books or Finding journal articles
Guides and workshops
Citing references and EndNote
Once you've found some useful publications you will need to cite them in your work
- Citing references - read our guide for general help and specific examples
- EndNote - use this software to store your references and insert them into your work
- Managing references - consult this guide for an overview of electronic reference management systems
Need to use resources held by other libraries?
The Beyond UoR section of our site includes information about getting items from other libraries using the Inter-Library Loans service, guidance on visiting other libraries, and links to their websites and catalogues.