Watch our videos to find out more about the University Library and how to use our resources.
Introducing the Library
- Welcome to your University Library - introduction to our resources, services and facilities
- Library services in URS - take a quick tour to find the key services and facilities in the URS Building
Help with the catalogue and self-service features
- Finding a book - guidance on searching the catalogue, fetching a book from the shelves and borrowing it
- Finding an article from a reference - how to find out if the Library has a specific journal article
- Placing and removing holds - find out how to reserve a book which is already on loan, and how to view a list of your holds and remove them
- Booking Course Collection items - find out how to book a Course Collection copy for a specific day and time
- Requesting items in Store or Closed Access - how to get an item which is shown as being in the 'Off-site Store' or 'Closed Access'
Help with finding and using Library resources
- Discover online articles and chapters with Summon - tips on using our discovery service to find online materials on a topic
- Doing your literature search - guidance on sources and techniques you can use to find relevant information on a specific topic
- Making the most of your online reading list - tips on using your reading list to access electronic and print items recommended by your lecturers, and using some of its interactive features
- Ordering inter-library loans online - this video demonstrates how Staff and PhD students can request a loan or copy of items not available via the Library
- Downloading your SED - guidance on downloading your Secure Electronic Delivery (SED) item from the British Library
- Using maps for research - Maps are not just for geographers! This presentation shows how you can use maps in your research in History and archaeology, Humanities and social science and in Science and environment. Printed maps and online resources are both available.
Video introductions covering all aspects of using both versions of EndNote to manage your references
- Using Desktop EndNote - videos produced by Thomson Reuters
- Using EndNote Web/Online - videos produced by Thomson Reuters
- Exporting references from Summon to EndNote - our video explaining how to add references to Desktop EndNote and EndNote Web from our Summon discovery service
Study advice videos
Our colleagues in the Study Advice Team have produced a range of bitesize video tutorials giving guidance on a wide range of topics, including essay writing, referencing, preparing for exams and doing your dissertation.