Our subject liaison librarians have produced these step-by-step guides, to help you use our databases effectively. They include:
- searching tips
- information on saving references, including exporting to EndNote (where possible)
For general tips on search techniques see our guide to effective database searching.
If you need further help and advice contact your subject liaison librarian.
All guides are in PDF format.
- ACLS Humanities E-Books
- L'Annee philologique
- ArticleFirst - see FirstSearch
- Bibliography of British and Irish History
- BIOSIS Previews - see Web of Science
- British Standards Online
- CAB Abstracts
- CIS (Construction Information Service)
- EEBO (Early English Books Online)
- FirstSearch - for ArticleFirst and WorldCat
- FSTA - see Web of Science
- IMB (International Medieval Bibliography)
- Iter Gateway to the Middle Ages and Renaissance
- Medline - see Web of Science
- RSC e-books and e-journals (Royal Society of Chemistry)
- Web of Science
- Web of Science Core Collection
- WorldCat - see FirstSearch