Brill's New Pauly
- On-campus link to Brill Online - no password required
- Off-campus link to Brill Online - University username and password required
Institutional login required to access this resource via a search engine when off-campus
Full-text articles on all aspects of the ancient world, including: persons, places, institutions, events, artefacts, technical terms, ideas and concepts, interaction between Greek and Roman culture and the neighbouring Semitic, Celtic and Germanic cultures.
Many articles are illustrated with maps, site plans, genealogical tables, and black-and white photographs
Pauly Online includes the entire text of Metzler's Der Neue Pauly and also all volumes of the English language Brill's New Pauly. We also have online access to the following supplements:
- Chronologies of the ancient world: Names, dates and dynasties
- Dictionary of Greek and Latin authors and texts
- Historical atlas of the ancient world
- The reception of myth and mythology
- The reception of Classical literature
- History of Classical scholarship - a biographical dictionary
Help & guidance
- Tips for searching Brill's New Pauly
- Contact your subject liaison librarian for further advice using this resource
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export - having registered for a personal account. For more information see the Guide for researchers and students.
- EndNote Web - Import - register for a personal account and save a file of citations using the 'Export citation' link, then import into EndNote Web using the 'RefMan RIS' option.
- What is EndNote?