Brill's New Jacoby
- Link to Brill's New Jacoby - University username and password required
Institutional login required to access this resource via a search engine when off-campus
Felix Jacoby's Die Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker (FGrHist), or shortened as the 'Jacoby', was first published between the 1920's and late 1950's. The Jacoby is a standard collection of and commentary on the fragments of 856 Greek historians whose works have survived only in fragmentary form.
Brill’s New Jacoby will completely supersede the traditional 18-volume set known to classical scholars. It will contain:
- many updated Greek texts
- English translations of all of the Greek testimonia and fragments
- a new critical commentary on the texts (and for the first time commentary on those texts that Jacoby did not complete before his death)
- new authors and fragments not in FGrHist.
Updated twice yearly
Help & guidance
- Brill's New Jacoby search help
- Contact your Academic Liaison Librarian for further advice using this resource.
You can save your references into EndNote in the following ways:
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export - register for a personal account and save a file of citations using the Export citation link.
- EndNote online - Download & import - register for a personal account and save a file of citations using the Export citation link, then import into EndNote online using the RefMan RIS option.