British Library Sounds
You do not need to log in to listen to most recordings, but you will need to create an account with the British Library to download them or to access some restricted recordings.
You may use the sound recordings for teaching, learning and research - see below for more details of how you may use the content.
Access to over 50,000 sound recordings from the British Library Sound Archive. Covers:
- Accents and dialects
- Arts, literature, and performance
- Classical music
- Environment and nature
- Jazz and popular music
- Oral history
- Sound recording history
- World and traditional music
Help & guidance
- British Library Sounds help page
- Contact your Academic Liaison Librarian for additional advice on using this resource
How you may use the content
- lecture presentations
- student work
- segment recordings using audio editing tools
- publicly available websites
- public display in University
Please note that some recordings are not available for download - for more information see the British Library Sounds - conditions of use.
Exporting to EndNote is not supported. What is EndNote?