ProQuest News & Newspapers
- Link to ProQuest News & Newspapers - University username and password required
Institutional login required to access this resource via a search engine when off-campus.
Full-text of over many local, regional and national newspapers, news websites and blogs from leading publishers throughout the world. Includes backfiles for most newspapers, providing access to articles, columns, editorials, obituaries and features published in each paper.
The following collections can be searched together or separately:
Canadian Newsstream - over 190 Canadian newspapers from Canada's leading publishers, some dating back to the late 1970s
International Newsstream - covers over 660 of the world's top newspapers including the following key titles:
- The Financial Times (1996 onwards)
- The Guardian (1996 onwards)
- The New York Times (1980 onwards)
- The Observer (1995 onwards)
- The Telegraph (2006 onwards)
- The Times (1992 onwards)
- Wall Street Journal (1984 onwards)
ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Guardian and The Observer - The complete digital edition of The Guardian (1821-2003) and The Observer 91791-2003) containing full facsimile images of specific articles or complete pages.
US Newsstream - includes the most recent premium U.S. news content, as well as archives which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites in active full-text format.
Each issue of each newspaper is indexed thoroughly, so researchers have access to not only top news stories but also the information contained on the various sections of the papers. The indexing covers not only complete bibliographic information but also companies, people, products, etc.
Help & guidance
- Contact your Academic Liaison Librarian for advice on using this resource.
You can save your references into EndNote in the following ways:
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export - Find out more about saving references into Desktop EndNote
- EndNote online - Download & import - Find out more about saving references into EndNote online
Follow these steps to select and export references to either version of EndNote.
- Select the references you want to save by clicking on the folder icon to the right of reference in the results screen. This saves them into a temporary folder.
- Once you have some selected, click on 'Go to: Folder View' on the right-hand-side of the results.
- When viewing the folder click on 'Export' on the right-hand-side of the screen.
- For Desktop EndNote select 'Direct export in RIS Format',
For EndNote online select 'Direct Export to EndNote Web'.
- Click on Save.
- EndNote Desktop or EndNote online will open and the results will be added to your library.