On-campus? No password required
Off-campus? University username and password required via an Institutional login - just follow these steps:
- Click ‘Login Through Your Library’ at the top of the page.
- Search for ‘University of Reading’ in the box that appears.
- Select the ‘Login’ link next to the ‘University of Reading’ option.
- This will prompt you to enter your usual University username and password.
Please read the JSTOR terms and conditions of use before accessing JSTOR. You may not download an entire issue of a journal from the JSTOR database or keep multiple electronic or paper copies of any article. You may not alter or distribute any Content, including but not limited to transmission via email to another computer.
Full-text archive of journal articles covering most subjects. Covers 1880s up to a 'moving wall' usually of between 2 and 5 years. Each journal title has its own 'moving wall'.
We subscribe to the following JSTOR packages: Arts & Sciences I-XI, Biological Sciences, Health & General Sciences and Ireland Collection.
We also subscribe to the 19th Century British Pamphlets collection.
Help & guidance
- JSTOR help page for searching
- Contact your subject liaison librarian for additional advice on using this resource
You can save your references to EndNote in the following ways:
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export - Find out more about saving references into Desktop EndNote
- EndNote online - Download & import - use the 'JSTOR' import option
Find out more about saving references into EndNote online