- Link to Drama Online - University username and password required
Institutional login required to access this resource via a search engine when off-campus.
It is possible to print/copy one chapter, or up to 5%, of each book.
The Drama Online collection features full-text plays and supporting critical and contextual material relating to works from the classical era to the present day.
The collection features:
- theatre lists of Methuen Drama, the Arden Shakespeare, and Faber and Faber
- production photos from the Victoria and Albert Museum and The American Shakespeare Center
- Nick Hern Books collection of plays, screenplays and theatrebooks
- Shakespeare and Early Modern Drama Videos - covering key plays and acting techniques, including Maxine Peake’s Hamlet, Stage on Screen, and a Shakespeare Acting Masterclass from Patsy Rodenburg
- Shakespeare's Globe on Screen (2008-2015): 21 films recorded live on the Globe stage
- Playwrights Canada Press: plays from established and emerging Canadian playwrights
- National Theatre collection
Featured writers include: Aeschylus, Euripides, Sophocles, Shakespeare, Ibsen, Chekhov, Bertolt Brecht, Oscar Wilde, and modern classics from Tom Stoppard, Caryl Churchill, Alan Ayckbourn, Mark Ravenhill, Brian Friel, John Osborne, Christopher Hampton, Alan Bennett, Willy Russell and David Hare.
New writing is also represented with works from Polly Stenham, Katori Hall, D.C. Moore, James Graham, Rebecca Lenkiewicz and Lucy Prebble and theatre companies such as Complicité and Filter.
All titles are listed on the Library catalogue.
Help & guidance
- Video tours to help with making the most of this resource are available via the Drama Online YouTube channel.
- Contact your Academic Liaison Librarian for additional advice on using this resource.
Exporting to EndNote is not supported. What is EndNote?