Science Citation Index
This database is part of the Web of Science Core Collection.
- On-campus link to Web of Science Core Collection - no password required if you select the "IP Authentication" option
- Off-campus link to Web of Science Core Collection - University username and password required via an Institutional login
One of three citation indexes which form part of the Web of Science Core Collection.
Covers natural, physical, and biomedical science and technology, including: Agriculture; Biology including plant sciences and zoology; Biotechnology; Chemistry and biochemistry; Computer science; Materials science; Mathematics; Medicine including pharmacology; Neuroscience; Physics; and Veterinary science.
References to journal articles, reports, papers, discussions, editorials, notes, reviews and other items.
Help & guidance
- Guide to using Web of Science (PDF) - for getting started and basic searching
- Guide to using Web of Science Core Collection (PDF) - for features specific to the Core Collection e.g. citation searching
- Contact your subject liaison librarian for additional advice on using this resource
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export
- EndNote Web - Direct export
- Guide to using Web of Science (PDF) - includes instructions on exporting to EndNote from the Science Citation Index
- What is EndNote?
Web of Science mobile site
Create your own account on Web of Science using the 'Sign In' link and use that to access the mobile site. Just remember to login to your Web of Science account from a campus PC every six months to stay active.