University username and password required via an Institutional login
A two part registration is required to use Digimap:
- Connect to Digimap using the link above and complete a registration form
- Accept the licence agreements associated with each collection
Edina's Digimap registration pages give more information and guidance.
Digimap local information gives technical information about using Digimap
Please note: By accepting the licence you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed in the End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Map data of Great Britain comprising six datasets:
- Ordnance Survey Digimap
- Historic Digimap
- Geology Digimap
- Marine Digimap
- Environment Digimap
- Aerial Digimap (including Lidar Digimap)
In addition we also have access to Global Digimap, a new service currently in Beta format
Data can be downloaded to use with appropriate application software such as GIS or CAD, or as maps generated by Digimap online using the Roam facility.
Using Roam you can:
- View maps of any location in Great Britain at a series of predefined scales
- Print maps at a variety of scales and sizes
- Add your own annotations
- Ordnance Survey Digimap offers MasterMap - the most detailed current map dataset
- Ordnance Survey Digimap includes Digital Terrain Model data for download.
- Historic Digimap provides access to 1:10 560, 1:2500 and 1:1250 data from 1846-1996; two maps of the same area can be compared on screen at once.
- Geology Digimap provides access to bedrock and Quaternary geological maps at scales of 1:625 000, 1:250 000 and 1:50 000.
- Marine Digimap includes hydrographic charts and marine themes data
- Environment Digimap includes land cover data for 1997, 2000 and 2007 from the Centre of Ecology and Hydrology.
- Aerial Digimap includes aerial imagery in a single seamless coverage, captured since 2000, at 25 cm resolution.
- Aerial Digimap includes access to Lidar Digimap - download Lidar data for use in GIS and CAD applications.
Digimap does not cover the Isle of Man. If you are interested in Isle of Man data, contact Judith Fox, the Map Librarian.
Help & guidance
- Digimap help can be found in the Digimap Resource Centre, including links to Quick Reference Guides and help for GIS/CAD users
- More guides and PowerPoint demonstrations can be found on the Digimap training materials page
- Short videos about aspects of using Digimap can be found at EDINA Digimap Youtube channel
- Digimap Help pages can be accessed without logging in to Digimap. Go to Digimap Ordnance Survey Help, to Historic Digimap Help, to Environment Digimap Help, or to Geology Digimap Help
Contact Judith Fox, the Map Librarian for additional advice on using this resource
Exporting to EndNote is not supported. What is EndNote?