E-resources problem report form
Before filling in this form
Please try the following steps to solve your problem...
- Check that you are using the correct username and password - it is the same one you use to login to your University email account and Blackboard. For most students and staff it will start with two letters followed by six numbers, e.g. ab123456.
- Try using a different web browser e.g. Firefox. Sometimes specific browsers are not compatible with some websites. If you only have one browser, you can download others for free from the Internet.
- Check that the article or volume you are trying to access is part of our subscriptions by searching the E-journals Finder. If it is not included in the dates shown you will not be able to access it online.
- Check the Latest e-resource news on the right of this page to see if there is a known problem we are already working on.
- Finally, use our Virtual Enquiry Service to chat to a librarian from another library who can try and troubleshoot the problem.
We will endeavour to answer or assign your query within one working day of receipt.
Please be aware that our e-resources are provided by many different companies and some problems might be beyond our control, but we will work with our suppliers to resolve any issues as soon as possible.
Please try to answer as many questions as possible - they all give us clues as to what might be causing the problem. Thank-you!
To help us solve your problem you might also like to send us screen dumps of the steps you are going through to try to access the resource. Use 'Print Scrn' on your keyboard to copy each screen and then paste each one into a Word document or straight into an email.
After submitting this form please send the Word document or email to firstname.lastname@example.org