- Link to Jacoby Online on Brill Scholarly Editions - University username and password required
Institutional login required to access this resource via a search engine when off-campus
Felix Jacoby's Die Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker (FGrHist), or shortened as the 'Jacoby', was first published between the 1920's and late 1950's. The Jacoby is a standard collection of and commentary on the fragments of 856 Greek historians whose works have survived only in fragmentary form.
Jacoby Online completely supersedes the traditional 18-volume set known to classical scholars. It contains:
- many updated Greek texts
- English translations of all of the Greek testimonia and fragments
- a new critical commentary on the texts (and for the first time commentary on those texts that Jacoby did not complete before his death)
- new authors and fragments not in FGrHist.
Updated twice yearly
Help & guidance
- Brill Scholarly Editions help
- Contact your Academic Liaison Librarian for further advice using this resource.
Exporting to EndNote is not supported. What is EndNote?