EEBO (Early English Books Online)
- Link to EEBO - University username and password required
Institutional login required to access this resource via a search engine when off-campus
If you are a University of Reading Malaysia student and registered before November 2017, please use this ProQuest username and password. You will need to enter your University username and password to access this information.
EEBO is also available via Historical Texts
Full-text early English books (1473-1700)
From the first book printed in English by William Caxton, through the age of Spenser and Shakespeare and the tumult of the English Civil War. Includes:
- works by Malory, Bacon, More, Erasmus, Boyle, Newton, Galileo
- musical exercises by Henry Purcell
- novels by Aphra Behn
- prayer books, pamphlets, and proclamations; almanacs, calendars, and many other primary sources.
It will contain over 125,000 titles listed in Pollard & Redgrave's Short-Title Catalogue (1475-1640), Wing's Short-Title Catalogue (1641-1700), and the Thomason Tracts (1640-1661).
Help & guidance
Desktop EndNote - Direct export - Find out more about saving references into Desktop EndNote
EndNote online - Download & import using the 'RefMan RIS' import option - Find out more about saving references into EndNote online
For both versions follow these instructions to save the useful references:
- Select the checkbox next to the item you wish to export, this will add it to your 'Marked List'
- Go to your 'Marked List' and select Download Records, and then 'export directly to Procite, EndNote or Reference Manager'. This will then download a .RIS file.
- Using Desktop EndNote? Just 'Open' the file to import your references automatically.
Using EndNote online? Save the file and then import into EndNote online (using the 'RefMan RIS' import option).