- Link to Digimap - University username and password required
Institutional login required to access this resource via a search engine when off-campus
A two part registration is required to use Digimap:
- Connect to Digimap using the link above and complete a registration form
- Accept the licence agreements associated with each collection
Please note: By accepting the licence you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed in the End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Map data of Great Britain comprising ten datasets:
- Ordnance Survey Digimap (including Scottish Improvement Service data)
- Historic Digimap
- Geology Digimap
- Marine Digimap
- Environment Digimap
- Aerial Digimap (including Lidar Digimap)
- Global Digimap
- Society Digimap
- Verisk Digimap (formerly Geomni)
- agCensus Digimap
Data can be downloaded to use with appropriate application software such as GIS or CAD, or as maps generated by Digimap online using the Roam facility.
Using Roam you can:
- View maps of any location in Great Britain at a series of predefined scales
- Print maps at a variety of scales and sizes
- Add your own annotations
- Ordnance Survey Digimap offers MasterMap - the most detailed current map dataset
- Ordnance Survey Digimap includes Digital Terrain Model data for download.
- Ordnance Survey Digimap includes Scottish Improvement Service data, 37 datasets from Scottish local authorities, available for download only.
- Historic Digimap provides access to 1:10 560, 1:2500 and 1:1250 data from 1846-1996; two maps of the same area can be compared on screen at once.
- Geology Digimap provides access to bedrock and Quaternary geological maps at scales of 1:625 000, 1:250 000 and 1:50 000.
- Marine Digimap includes hydrographic charts and marine themes data
- Environment Digimap includes land cover data for 1997, 2000 and 2007 from the Centre of Ecology and Hydrology.
- Aerial Digimap includes aerial imagery in a single seamless coverage, captured since 2000, at 25 cm resolution.
- Aerial Digimap includes access to Lidar Digimap - download Lidar data for use in GIS and CAD applications.
Digimap does not cover the Isle of Man. If you are interested in Isle of Man data, contact Judith Fox, the Map Librarian.
Help & guidance
- Digimap help can be found in the Digimap Help Centre, including links to help you get started and help for GIS/CAD users. Digimap Help pages can be accessed without logging in to Digimap.
- Guides, exercises and case studies can be found on the Digimap learning materials page
- Short videos about aspects of using Digimap can be found at EDINA Digimap Youtube channel
- For help and guidance on licensing and copyright see the Digimap copyright & licensing page.
Contact Judith Fox, the Map Librarian for additional advice on using this resource
Exporting to EndNote is not supported. What is EndNote?