British Standards Online
- Link to British Standards Online - University username and password required
To access the full-text pdfs you can either view online, or download the file. If you are using your personal computer and wish to download files, you will need to install the FileOpen plugin and make sure Adobe Acrobat Reader is already installed on your computer.
Restrictions on use
Standards for business purposes
The Estates department have an online subscription to BSI which allows for the access of standards for commercial use. Please contact them if you wish to use the platform for this purpose.
If you require a physical copy of a standard for the purposes of University business processes, these can be obtained directly from the BSI via our University of Reading Membership, which is managed by The Library. Please contact Kate Devaney, Collections Services Manager for further details.
Full-text access to all British Standards Institution publications including:
- current, historic, and draft British Standards
- BSI adopted European and international standards
- technical handbooks
- codes of practice
- specifications for products, dimensions, and performance
Help & guidance
- Contact your Academic Liaison Librarian for advice on using this resource
Exporting to EndNote is not supported. What is EndNote?