British Literary Manuscripts Online
- Link to British Literary Manuscripts Online - University username and password required
Please click "Login via your home institution" and you will be directed to log in as normal.
Institutional login required to access this resource via a search engine when off-campus.
British Literary Manuscripts Online provides facsimile images of literary manuscripts, including letters and diaries, drafts of poems, plays, novels, and other literary works.
It is available in two parts, covering: the Medieval and Renaissance periods (c.1120-1660), and 1660-1900.
Information relating to each manuscript is fully searchable, although the text of the manuscripts themselves is not.
Help & guidance
- Use the 'Help' link available once connected to this resource for guidance on searching and using your results.
- Contact your Academic Liaison Librarian for additional advice on using this resource.
Although exporting to EndNote is supported by this resource, it doesn't bring through many details. You can save your references into EndNote in the following ways:
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export - Select the citation you want to export and click Citation Tools, select EndNote and choose Export.
- EndNote online - Download & import - Select the citation you want to export and click Citation Tools, select EndNote and choose Export. Import the file into EndNote online using the RefMan RIS import option.