Screen Studies Collection
- Link to Screen Studies Collection - University username and password required
Institutional login required to access this resource via a search engine when off-campus
If you are a University of Reading Malaysia student and registered before November 2017, please use this ProQuest username and password. You will need to enter your University username and password to access this information.
Film and television. Search simultaneously across the following databases:
- FIAF International Index to Film Periodicals Database - Gives references to journal articles and access to the full-text of several journals. Also includes information about holdings of silent films in international film archives, and a directory of film and tv collections held by institutions worldwide.
- Film Index International (FII) – International index of films from the first silent movies to the latest blockbusters. Gives biographical information for almost 57,000 personalities. Also includes coverage of international film awards and prizes as well as searchable plot summaries and full cast and crew lists. References to published reviews and articles about individual films are also included within the records.
- AFI Catalog - The American Film Institute's catalogue is a comprehensive filmography of American films from 1893 to 1974, with records for selected major films from 1975-2008. New records are added each year by the AFI’s editorial team. Useful for identifying sources and reviews.
Help & guidance
- Guide to using FIAF
- Guide to using Film Index International
- Guide to using the American Film Institute Catalogue
- Contact your Academic Liaison Librarian for additional advice on using this resource
You can save your references to EndNote in the following ways:
- Desktop Endnote - Direct export - Find out more about saving references into Desktop EndNote
- EndNote online - Direct export - Find out more about saving references into EndNote online
Follow these steps to select and export references to either version of EndNote.
- Select the references you want to save by clicking on the folder icon to the right of reference in the results screen. This saves them into a temporary folder.
- Once you have some selected, click on 'Go to: Folder View' on the right-hand-side of the results.
- When viewing the folder click on 'Export' on the right-hand-side of the screen.
- For Desktop EndNote select 'Direct export in RIS Format',
For EndNote online select 'Direct Export to EndNote Web'.
- Click on Save.
- EndNote Desktop or EndNote online will open and the results will be added to your library.