- Link to HeinOnline - University username and password required
Institutional login via the UK Federation required for direct access to this resource via a search engine.
Full-text access to digitised collections of specialist legal, political and historical sources, most notably:
- Foreign & International Law Resources Database - international yearbooks and periodicals, US law digests, and decisions of international tribunals.
- Kluwer Law International Journal Library - archive of journals published by Kluwer Law International.
- Law Journal Library - extensive archival collection of academic legal journals, from the first volume to the most recent volume allowed by the publishers (typically 2-5 years ago). American bias, but includes titles published in the Commonwealth, including the UK.
Other libraries include:
Canada Supreme Court Reports - official bilingual law report series of the case law of the Supreme Court of Canada (Cour suprême du Canada), dating from 1876.
Early American Case Law - assorted US law report series covering the late 19th to the 20th century, including the Federal Cases and the Trinity Series.
English Reports - reproductions of cases reported in various early series of law reports (nominate reports), spanning 176 volumes up to 1867.
European Centre for Minority Issues - published reports and working papers.
International Law Association Reports - ILA conference reports, discussions at working sessions and adopted resolutions relating to the study, clarification and development of international law.
Legal Classics - historic and rare legal and jurisprudential works.
Pentagon Papers - US Department of Defense’s history of American foreign relations with Vietnam from 1945 to 1967.
Revised Statutes of Canada - compilation of federal laws passed by the Parliament of Canada since 1867.
Statutes of the Realm - collection of Acts of the Parliaments of England and Great Britain for the period 1235-1713.
US Supreme Court Library - the official US Reports (1754 onwards), slip opinions (2002 onwards), and books and periodicals relating to the US Supreme Court.
US Treaties and Agreements Library - all US treaties, whether in force, expired, or not yet officially published.
Women and the Law (Peggy) - US focused collections of texts on women's role in society and the law.
World Constitutions Illustrated - current constitutions plus scholarly works on constitutional topics.
Help & guidance
For comprehensive guidance see the HeinOnline help & training site which includes FAQs, guides and training videos.
Contact your Academic Liaison Librarian for additional advice on using this resource.
You can save your references to EndNote in the following ways - for more detailed guidance see the HeinOnline blogpost:
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export - Find out more about saving references into Desktop EndNote
- EndNote online - Download & import using the 'EndNote Import' option - Find out more about saving references into EndNote online
- What is EndNote?