Research Support Co-ordinator
The Research Support Co-ordinator has the specific role of supporting the research activities of both staff and students from all faculties using Library resources.
The Research Support Co-ordinator does not replace liaison librarians, who already support research activities, but will work with them to further develop methods of support. Emphasis is on promoting existing Library resources, particularly electronic databases and information sources, as well as using the skills and expertise of the liaison librarians.
- identifying the research needs, working methods and expectations of researchers;
- ensuring current databases, e-journals and other resources are being used effectively;
- looking at possible training needs of new research students;
- promoting the EndNote bibliographic management package;
- developing dedicated Library webpages for research - see Support for research staff & students