Members of the public
Members of the public are welcome to visit to view and copy materials held in the Library. However, due to the Library Refurbishment Project, from April 2017 until Summer 2018 there will be no study space available in the Library Building, and it will not be possible to access Library e-resources.
On visiting the Library you have to sign our Visitors Book to agree to abide by the Library rules (PDF).
Restrictions on access
University Examinations period
During the summer University Examinations period, from the beginning of April until mid-June, access for members of the public is restricted to 9-5, Monday to Friday. Access outside these hours is not possible.
There are restrictions on access for children up to the age of 18. Please see our page on Children in the Library for details.
Please see these links for further information:
- Opening hours
- Finding us
- Catalogues - search the catalogues to find out if we have the items you need
- Joining the Library - includes information about the SCONUL access schemes
- Contacts & support
- We can help with general enquiries, although long or complicated enquiries will be handled only if time permits.
- Please make any enquiries during the following hours: 09:00 - 17:00, Monday to Thursday, 10:00 - 17:00 on Fridays.
- Limited staffing during the evenings and weekends means that staff on duty can offer only minimal assistance to visitors.