Members of the public
Members of the public are welcome to visit to view and copy materials held in the Library. However, due to the Library Refurbishment Project, until Autumn 2019 there will be limited study space available in the Library Building, and it will not be possible to access Library e-resources.
On visiting the Library you will be asked to provide photographic proof of identification, to complete a visitor form including personal information about yourself, and agree to abide by the Library rules (PDF).
Restrictions on access
Monday to Friday after 17:00, and Saturday & Sunday (outside the examinations period)
If you intend to visit after 17:00, Monday to Friday, or on Saturday & Sunday, you will need to contact us at least 24 hours before your visit. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of which evening/day you will be visiting and we will arrange for Security staff to give you entry.
You will not be able to enter the Library during the above times if you have not contacted us in advance.
University Examinations period - Saturday 6 April until Friday 14 June 2019
During the summer University Examinations period access for members of the public is restricted to weekends only. This must be arranged in advance.
Please email email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance with details of which day you plan to visit and we will arrange for Security staff to give you entry.
Access Monday to Friday is not possible.
There are restrictions on access for children up to the age of 18. Please see our page on Children in the Library for details.
Please see these links for further information:
- Opening hours
- Finding us
- Catalogues - search the catalogues to find out if we have the items you need
- Joining the Library - includes information about the SCONUL access schemes
- Contacts & support
- We can help with general enquiries, although long or complicated enquiries will be handled only if time permits.
- Please make any enquiries during the following hours: 09:00 - 17:00, Monday to Thursday, 10:00 - 17:00 on Fridays.
- Limited staffing during the evenings and weekends means that staff on duty can offer only minimal assistance to visitors.