Information for teaching staff
Getting materials to support your teaching
Raising student satisfaction with Library resources is one of our highest priorities.
Create your reading lists online and ‘publish’ them as soon as possible - and by the advertised deadlines - so your liaison librarian can review the resources required and order in any new or additional stock well before the start of term. Contact your subject liaison librarian for help with both print and online resources, and scanning articles and chapters to be made available via your reading lists in Blackboard.
For more information about using the University’s online reading lists system, please contact your subject liaison librarian, or see Online reading lists a guide for academic staff.
Once you have your account set up you can login to the Online reading lists system.
Developing your students' academic practices
Your subject liaison librarian and the Study Advice Team are happy to contribute to modules or run one-off sessions at all levels, from Part 1 to PhD. Examples include developing effective search strategies, evaluating sources, referencing and using EndNote. Contact your subject liaison librarian to discuss your requirements. Your liaison librarian can liaise with the Study Advice Team to cover all aspects of academic practice with your students.
Academic practice skills resources for your students
- LibLearn Tutorials - self-paced information skills training courses in Blackboard
- Library - Workshops and Guides
- Study advice - Study guides & video tutorials
Resources to embed academic practice skills in your teaching
- The Academic Integrity Toolkit - a suite of materials for use in classes or as self-help tools for individual students.
- Contact your subject liaison librarian for quizzes you can embed in Blackboard assignments
Developing your teaching practice
- Library resources for supporting your professional development
- LearnHigher provides free resources for teaching and learning in Higher Education
- Jisc Advice has over 100 guides about digital technologies in education and research, as well as links to their training events.
- CQSD - training and resources for developing your teaching skills
Information for Library representatives
Each Department has a member of staff designated as the Library Representative, to liaise with the Library and oversee ordering of materials from the departmental Library budget.