Information for research staff
The links on this page have been selected to help research staff find the information they need relating to publishing, open access and research impact.
Boost citations to your research publications
- Boost citations to your research publications - steps you can take at each stage of the publication progress to maximise your citations and research impact
Which journal should you publish in?
- JCR (Journal Citation Reports) - use these to find out the impact factors for journals in the sciences and social sciences
- SHERPA/FACT - use this tool to check if the journals in which you wish to publish comply with your funder's requirements for open access to research
- Use Manuscript Matcher on EndNote Web to suggest possible journals suiting your research interests based on the contents of your EndNote Library. Find out more about EndNote.
- Open Access - guidance on complying with REF and your funder's requirements for Open Access
- Open Access workshops - group and one-to-one training on Open Access
- CentAUR - deposit your research publications in the University's Institutional Repository
publishing a UOR publication?
The Library looks after assigning ISBNs to University of Reading publications. Please contact Dan Bailyes to arrange this.
Assessing research impact
- Bibliometrics - read a summary of of bibliometrics, and an overview of which tools and websites you can use to assess the impact of your publications
- SciVal - use to assess the research performance of individuals, research groups or institutions
Resources for doing your research
- Catalogues - find out what you can access, both print and online, by using our catalogues
- Special Collections - use the University's rare books and archive collections in your research
- Find articles and other publications via our Databases a-z list or Databases by subject list
- EndNote - software for managing your references
- Inter-library loans - use this service to get materials from other libraries
- Using other libraries - find out how to access and join other libraries