Greenlands students (including distance learners)
Specialist library support for Greenlands students is primarily available for you from the staff in the ARC (Academic Resource Centre) at Greenlands campus.
- Contacts and help
- Resources available
- Your University Library Account
- Student Campus Card - getting your card and PIN
- Using other UK university libraries
- Contact the management and accounting liaison librarians for general advice on accessing University Library resources. The Management and accounting subject pages include guidance on the location of materials in the University Library, lists of reference materials and Internet resources, and other guidance on finding information related to management.
- See Using the Library for further information about services and facilities available at the University Library, including links to information about opening hours, study zones, computing facilities and photocopying.
- Contact the ARC (Academic Resource Centre) at Greenlands Campus for all other library enquiries.
The University Library catalogue, Enterprise, is available 24/7 from anywhere in the world. Search it for books on your reading list and to place holds on items already on loan. See Help using Enterprise for guidance on using this catalogue and its interactive features.
You do not need to login to search the catalogues but you will need your University username and password to be able to use the self-service facilities, including placing holds.
Search the ARC Catalogue for details of items held in the ARC (Academic Resource Centre) at Greenlands.
To access most e-resources, you will need to login using your University username and password. You might need to select 'University of Reading' from a list of institutions first. For more information see our Institutional login page.
E-resources for management
- Business Source Complete - full-text journal articles
- Emerald - full-text journal articles
- MyiLibrary - e-book collection including management textbooks
- ScienceDirect - full-text journal articles
- Social Sciences Citation Index - article index with links to some full-text
Our Databases a-z list gives a full list of all our e-resources.
To help us to support your use of these resources we recommend that you keep your machine as up-to-date as possible. We will try our best to help with any problems, but this can be difficult as each person's set-up is unique.
If you still wish to report a problem, please fill in the E-resources problem report form
To borrow items from the University Library at Whiteknights campus you will need a Student Campus Card and you need to visit the Library in person to collect items as we do not offer postal loan services.
At present there is no service to transport printed items between the Whiteknights and Greenlands sites. Any material you borrow will have to be picked up and returned to the originating site.
You can access your University Library account from off-campus to renew your loans, place holds, and view the progress of your holds. Login with your University username and password.
As a member of the University of Reading you may be able to use other university libraries. For more information see our page on Using other libraries.