Food & drink in the Library
- We do not allow any food to be consumed in the Library or URS buildings (except in the cafés). Please keep all food in closed containers inside your bag when you are in the Library buildings.
- Hot food may only be consumed or displayed within the Library Café. Cold food may be consumed or displayed within both the Library Café and Café Libro in Library@URS
- Non-alcoholic drinks may be taken to any area as long as they are in lidded containers.
- Help us maintain a clean, tidy and pleasant environment where you can study effectively.
- Don't risk damaging Library materials and fittings - for which you could have to pay - and deprive others of their use.
- Let us direct limited resources to helping you find information and buying new material, not tidying up or replacing things.
- Library staff may remove food and unlidded drinks found on tables.
- You are liable to pay for repair or replacement of damaged Library materials or property.
- The Director may enforce penalties, withhold Library facilities or exclude anyone whose behaviour is 'prejudicial to the proper conduct of the Library'.
Library rules: 14, 23-25
Things to do now
- Read the Library rules (PDF)