Food & drink in the Library
- We do not allow any food to be consumed in the Library (apart from cold food in CaféLibro). Please keep all food in closed containers inside your bag when you are in the building.
- Take-away food must not be delivered to or consumed in any part of the building, including the café (even out of normal hours).
- Non-alcoholic drinks may be taken to any area as long as they are in lidded containers.
- Help us maintain a clean, tidy and pleasant environment where you can study effectively
- Don't risk damaging Library materials and fittings - for which you could have to pay - and deprive others of their use
- Let us direct limited resources to helping you find information and buying new material, not tidying up or replacing things
- Library staff may remove food and unlidded drinks found on tables
- You are liable to pay for repair or replacement of damaged Library materials or property
- The Librarian may enforce penalties, withhold Library facilities or exclude anyone whose behaviour is 'prejudicial to the proper conduct of the Library'
Library rules: 14, 23-25
Things to do now
- Read the Library rules (PDF)