The purpose of the Library is to support teaching, learning and research in the University, by developing and promoting access to information resources; and also to contribute to the wider world of scholarship, and to the transfer of knowledge, by collaborating and co-operating with other organisations.
- Introducing the Library - find out about the Library and our services
- 'Introducing your Library' booklet - read our brief introduction to our services and facilities
- Library review - discover what's been happening in the Library over the previous academic session
- 50 years at Whiteknights - read about the history of the Library on the Whiteknights campus
- Library Refurbishment Project - find out about our refurbishment plans for 2016-2019
- Service statement (PDF) - a brief outline of services that we currently deliver
- Partnership agreement (PDF) - outline of the terms under which those services are delivered
Policies & rules
The Library is involved with the following research projects:
- Location Register of English Literary Manuscripts and Letters
- WATCH Project - Writers and their Copyright Holders
The Library in the University structure
As part of Academic and Governance Services the Library comes under University Library and Collections Service (ULCS) headed by Julia Munro. Also within ULCS is University Museums and Special Collections Service (UMASCS), which brings together the museums with the University's collections of rare books, archives and manuscripts (formerly housed in the Library).