The purpose of the Library is to support teaching, learning and research in the University, by developing and promoting access to information resources; and also to contribute to the wider world of scholarship, and to the transfer of knowledge, by collaborating and co-operating with other organisations.
- Introducing the Library - find out about the Library and our services
- 50 years at Whiteknights - read about the history of the Library on the Whiteknights campus 1964-2014
- Library Refurbishment Project (2016-2019)
- Service statement (PDF) - a brief outline of services that we currently deliver
- Partnership agreement (PDF) - outline of the terms under which those services are delivered
Policies & rules
The Library is involved with the following research projects:
- Location Register of English Literary Manuscripts and Letters
- WATCH Project - Writers and their Copyright Holders
The Library in the University structure
As part of Academic and Governance Services the Library comes under University Library and Collections Service (ULCS). Also within ULCS is University Museums and Special Collections Service (UMASCS), which brings together the museums with the University's collections of rare books, archives and manuscripts (formerly housed in the Library).