Dr Elisa Bolchi
I am a Marie Curie Research Fellow at the Department of Languages and Cultures, where I carry on my project ‘Virginia Woolf and Italian Readers’ under the supervision of Prof Daniela La Penna and Dr Nicola Wilson.
Before starting my Marie Curie Fellowship, I was Postdoctoral Fellow (Assegnista di ricercar) in English Literature at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore – Milan (2013-2019).
In 2019 I taught English Language and Civilization at Università degli studi, Milan.
From 2006 to 2019 I taught English Literature at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan.
From 2008 to 2013 I taught Comparative Literature at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan.
My main research interest is the Italian reception of modernist authors, with a special focus on the reception of Virginia Woolf in Italy, which is the object of my Marie Curie Research Project. This research is strongly interdisciplinary and covers different research areas such as literary studies, archival studies, translation studies, publishing studies and digital humanities.
A second line of research is the one focusing on the influence and legacy of modernism in contemporary authors such as Jeanette Winterson, Ian McEwan and Ali Smith.
Research on Jeanette Winterson and Ian McEwan also led me to develop a third line of research focused on Ecocriticism and Literary Ecology, with a specific attention to climate change fiction.
- Member of the Management Board of the Centre for Book Cultures and Publishing (https://research.reading.ac.uk/centre-for-book-cultures-and-publishing/)
- Member of the CEMS – Centre for European Modernism Studies.
Public Funded Research Projects
2019-2021: P.I. of a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship inside Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. Grant n.: 838658, title: Virginia Woolf and Italian Readers. 225.000€ Supervisors: Prof. Daniela La Penna and Dr Nicola Wilson. (http://research.reading.ac.uk/italian-woolf).
- 2018: Abilitatazione Scientifica Nazionale - II fascia per 10-L1 – Lingue, Letteratu-re e Culture Inglese e Angloamericana [National Scientific Qualification for Associate professorship – English Language and Literature (10-L1)]
- 2006: PhD in Literary Criticism, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Milan, Italy)
- 2002: MA in Foreign Languages and Literature, 110/110 (Libera Università IULM, Milan, Italy)