The University of Reading offers you a stimulating academic environment in which to prepare for your future studies.
Learn from experts
You will benefit from our highly successful teaching methods and expert staff:
- Small classes – with just 12–16 students in each class, you receive individual support from your tutor and can easily join in class activities.
- integrated language and skills teaching – you learn and practise your English language skills through activities such as essay writing and listening to lectures
- Learning strategies – we help you prepare for independent study at a UK university.
"I learned thousands of strategies to improve my writing, listening, speaking and note-taking in lectures, as well as time management skills!"
Ibtisam Al Khaifi – Oman
The University of Reading offers a range of resources to support your learning, including:
- Multimedia classrooms
- Self-Access Centre for Language Learning (SACLL)
- Course materials written by our experienced and qualified staff.
The PSE programme at Reading incorporates its own assessment so that you do not need to take a separate external test (such as IELTS or TOEFL).
Most degree courses at Reading accept students from the PSE programme with an exit score of 0.5 below the target.